Saturday 16 February 2013

Yellow flash!

Hi blog readers!

Yesterday I created a dramatic blue smokey eye with a flash of yellow in the inner corner. I have had Mac chrome yellow eyeshadow in my kit for such a long time and have never used it- so I wanted to come up with a look that I could use it in. 

I really like how it turned out and my blue headscarf seemed to compliment the look too! In this post I'll be taking you through the products I used and the technique so you can try it at home.


 EYES

I always start of with the eyes, because I do such dramatic looks with lots of shadow if I get fall out I don't end up ruining and having to redo my foundation or concealor. I applied tape from my lower lash line going up to get a sharp wing.


EYESHADOW BASE-
This is a must have when we are using eyeshadows to prevent creasing and allow the shadows to appear more vibrant.
 I used Mac soft ochre paint pot all over my lid up to my brow and then took Maybelline's color tattoo in timeless black and applied this on my lid.

EYESHADOW-
 I then took the dark blue from the Sleek ultra matt darks palette and applied this all over my lid.
On a fluffy brush I then took chaos from the Urban decay vice palette and blended this into my crease to blend out the dark blue and also create a slight gradient.
 On my brow bone I took Urban decays midnight cowgirl and applied this to add shimmer and dimension.
In the inner corner I applied Mac chrome yellow.
Underneath my eyes I applied the dark blue from the Sleek palette and connected this to the upper wing.
In my waterline I applied Miss sportys eyeliner in ocean.

EYELINER-
I applied Maybellines eye studio gel liner in a cat liner shape on the top of my lid.
I then went on with Illamasquas precision ink in alchemy on top in a cat liner shape to add some contrast with the yellow.

EYEBROWS-
For the brows I used Illamasquas eyebrow cake in thunder.

FACE

FOUNDATION-
 I mixed a drop of Illamasqua rich liquid with my Rimmel 25 hours foundation. I applied this with my real techniques expert face brush. For my review on the Illamasqua rich liquid foundation click here

CONCEALOR-
I went in underneath the eyes with Collections 2000 lasting perfection concealor and some Mac studio finish concealor on any blemishes. I also added some Illamasqua concealor underneath the eyes in a lighter shade to add some highlight.

CHEEKS-
I contoured my cheeks with Sleeks contour kit in medium.
I applied Sleeks blush in pixie pink and Mac whisper of gilt on the top of my cheekbones for some highlight.

LIPS


I couldn't decide for the lips so tried a pink and a nude lip. I personally liked the nude lip better with this eye makeup look, but the pink looked cool too!

NUDE LIPS-
For the nude lips I simply used Revlons matt lipstick in nude attitude

PINK LIPS-
For the pink lips I used Illamasquas pencil in manic with wanton lipstick and drench lipstick in the outer corners.

Which lip was your favourite? Would you wear this look? Let me know in the comments below!

Love always 

xxx

Sanna



14 comments:

  1. This is seriously amazing! I'd never be able to pull it off, gorgeous! x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning! Love the bright yellow so much!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg you look stunning! that look is stunning!
    Hamida X

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't see you on my followers list or see me on your blogroll. if you would be kind to try again to follow me then let me know to follow you back :P




    FASHION-SPIKE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifil eyes!!!
    kisses

    http://lestyledelapetiteblonde.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love it, i think i would go for the pink lips cause it makes this dramatic blue look even more colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this looks gorgeous! So bold and different, love it! New follower :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your make-up! Looking forward to see new posts <3
    I'm your 250 follower if you like my blog too I'm waiting for you :)
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful!! you're so talent!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow~ It looks so great~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow wow wow!! You make up is absolutly stunning!! I love the combination of yellow, gold and blue and you look gorgeous with it!! I would never get it this way!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Amazingly stunning makeup it's a work of art. I love the combo of all the colours for the eyeshadow. Gorgeous!

    x x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! Great blog Sana :) I am looking forward to your youtube tutorials :)

    sana
    http://theamazingworldofsana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts and questions here! I look foreward to reading them all and will reply as soon as I can. Be sure to leave your blog links if your a new follower so I can follow you back! Be sure to check me out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @lookamillion xox Sanna