Thursday 9 August 2012

Birthday pressies :)

My birthday was on the 8th and I know this post is really late and I havn't been posting for the last couple of days which is because I havn't been well, literally I did not open any of these until I swatched them for this post, I only tried the shu uemura eyelash curler and Illamasqua cream blusher in zygomatic and lies in store! The rest I havn't touched... which isn't like me at all! I usually rush to try everything on.


So im sorry for the late blogpost but will definately be making it up with more soon to come, please let me know in the comments below what you would like me to blog about or any products you want to know about or a look you want me to create (im still recovering but I shall try my best).
I want to say a BIG THANKYOU to the lovely girls that made my birthday special, and a special special shoutout to my friend Sarah who organised all the girls putting money together to give me a kit fund, my gorgeous auntie Miriam who is like a second Mum to me and ofcourse my Mum who would go around the world and back to make me happy. If my best friend Neelam is reading this...love you lots for getting me everything I wanted how did you know? haha. To my gorgeous friends I couldn't see on my birthday because they genuinely couldn't come I love you guys!

Sleek Acid palette, this palette would be great for fun makeup, eyeliners and colourful smokey or arabic looks. The yellow, white and orange wern't pigmented and quite chalky but the other colours make up for these colours being a downfall.


Sleek sunset palette. I have to say this palette is amazing. Better than what I imagined. The colours have really good payoff and just in general the colours are so stunning! There is not one colour in this palette I would not use which is great!


Illamasqua powder blusher in Morale. This colour is a gorgeous deep pink/purple with a really nice shimmer to it without appearing too glittery and false. The colour is quite out there but I don't own anything like it in my collection and I think it would look great applied sheerly for a nice glow or heavily with a dramatic look.


Illamasqua powder blusher in Intrigue. This colour is a matt white, crazy I know. However, I chose this with the intention of using it as a eyeshadow or dramatic highlight. It is really pigmented so I found it more convenient and cheaper to buy this- Illamasqua blushers last me ages... I never hit pan because they are so pigmented so you only need a tiny amount!


Illamasqua powder blusher in Hussy. This colour is a bright candy pink. I don't normally go for bright blushers so have nothing like this in my collection. I think it would suit all skintones which is great for me to have in my kit.


Illamasqua powder blusher in Naked Rose. This colour is amazing. Its a matt pale dusty pink. It would suit all types of makeup because it is that perfect pink shade that isn't really pale or barbie pink. Im really picky when it comes to pale pink shades and the only one I actually use daily is Nars deep throat, I think this may replace that!


Illamasqua cream blusher in Lies. This is a iridecent, pale pink, gloss consistency highlighter. It gives the skin a really nice healthy glow. I tried this on in the store and love how it made my skin look really glowy but also not like I had lots of product on. I love the shimmer in it, but it doesn't look really shimmery on the skin its more glowy than glitter on your cheekbones- which is great for everyday, its also really easy to apply- just with fingertips!


Illamasqua cream blusher in Zygomatic. A beige/peach neutral shade with a dewy finish. Great for everyday or with heavy makeup looks. Gives the skin a healthy glow and appearance. Illamsqua cream blushers also work on oily skin because they do not move at all!


Illamasqua liquid metal in Enrapture. This colour is a lovely metallic bronze. I actually received this free with my order as Illamasqua have a olympic offer (which is still on)! Spend more than £50 receive liquid metal in bronze (this one) , Spend £90 receive liquid metal in silver and bronze, spend £120 recieve liquid metal in  bronze, silver and gold!.


Mac MSF in Star wonder. A pink/gold highlighter. This is from one of Mac's collections so I had to have it for my birthday!

 

Illamasqua pure pigment in Furore. A champagne frosty glitter/pigment which would be great as a highlighter or lid colour.

 

10 colour blush palette from ebay which was a really good buy! I asked my best friend to get me this and for the price which was about £6 I was NOT dissapointed! the colours were really pigmented and came in a palette so really good for my kit!


Illamasqua brushes. Blusher brush 1, blending brush 1 & 2. Illamasqua have online offers that are great! They have one that is any powder blush and the blush brush 1 for £30 which is a saving of £12! I wouldn't use the brush for blusher though because it seems too dense, but it would be great for buffing in foundation or powder. My beautiful cousin got me the blending brush 2 which I already own but having two is always handy because I love the brush so much and it saves me washing it all the time because I can just switch brushes (I use this brush for concealor, foundation, highlighter & blending)! I got the blending brush 1 which I chose and adore, I've seen makeup artists use it at Illamasqua and the brush is so soft and tapered perfectly to blend and shape any eye looks.

Currently at www.illamasqua.com (August only)  buy 3 makeup brushes and get the cheapest one half price, the brushes are excellent quality and so soft you will not be dissapointed. Also check out the other online exclusives and treat your alter ego.


I got the pigments set and shu uemura eyelash curler which are great things and you will see demonstrated in looks to come! For those of you wondering, I did get other things beside makeup but thought I would share the products with you because its my beauty blog (and putting the other presents up would make this too long). I hope you enjoyed reading about what I got for my birthday.

Leave me a comment below to let me know your thoughts!

What did you get for your birthday?

Love Always

xxx

Sanna

2 comments:

  1. i love it! do you do trials? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thankyou! And Im sorry hun I don't purely for the reason it gets quite expensive as I use all high end makeup and travel etc , but I can assure you, that you would not be dissapointed if I did your makeup! If you were really upset I wouldn't charge you. I hope that makes sense look foreward to hearing from you soon
    Sanna
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts and questions here! I look foreward to reading them all and will reply as soon as I can. Be sure to leave your blog links if your a new follower so I can follow you back! Be sure to check me out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @lookamillion xox Sanna